Windmill Hill Day Nursery, Swindon
Closing date 06/06/13
Childbase is currently recruiting for a Nursery Cook to join their friendly and professional team at Windmill Hill Day Nursery in Swindon.
As Nursery Cook you will provide nutritious, well balanced meals for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years and maintain high standards of hygiene and safety in the kitchen. The position is offered as full-time working 39 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience of working independently within a kitchen is essential.
• Previous experience of working within a care environment is desirable.
• You will have the ability to work well within a team as well as on your own initiative.
• You will have the ability to cater for special dietary needs, including allergies and preference diets.
• Previous experience of food purchasing and budgeting is desirable.
• You will also have good communication, organisation and administration skills.
• A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is essential.
• Level 3 in Food Safety is desirable, but training will be given.
A First Aid certificate would be desirable.
A current enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) or Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) is advantageous. (All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check).
For further information about this role please download our Nursery Cook job description.
PAY & BENEFITS
Childbase can offer you an excellent salary and benefits package, for further information please click here.